Royal Irish Automobile Club
The Irish Automobile Club – as it was then known – was formed in 1901, and is one of the oldest motor clubs in the world. It was awarded the ‘Royal’ prefix to its title in recognition of the humanitarian work carried out by its members during the Great War when many Irish men, returning from the front, were transported to convalescent homes on members vehicles that were converted into ambulances for this purpose. The RIAC is located in the heart of Dublin, a stone’s throw from Dail Eireann (Irish Parliament), Government Ministries, Grafton Street, St. Stephen’s Green, universities and many historic buildings. The club facilities include Restaurant, Bar, Reading Room and Library with wi-fi. 24 hour secure valet parking is provided all year round. A valet car wash facility is also available.
Accommodation is not available at the Royal Irish Automobile Club.
Contact the Royal Irish Automobile Club
34 DAWSON STREET
00353 1 677 5141Fax:
00353 1 671 0793Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb: www.riac.ie