Located at the junction of Buchanan Street with Sauchiehall Street, the Buchanan Galleries, a five minute walk from the Western Club, offers over 70 stores arranged over three floors, anchored by the John Lewis Department store, and parking for over 2000 cars. Located adjacent to it is the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
The Galleries are served by Buchanan Bus Station to the north Queen Street Railway Station to the south east and Buchanan Street Underground Station to the south.
The most famous road within Glasgow, Sauchiehall Street runs east west from Buchanan Street and the Buchanan Galleries through to Charing Cross and its junction with the M8 motorway. Established in 1807, its name means the “hollow of the willows” and referred to the original place it was created. It was the main shopping thoroughfare in the city during the 19th Century
It is pedestrianised from its eastern end and forms a pedestrianised route from here down Buchahan Street and onto Argyle Street. Along the street can be found the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, the McLellan Galleries and Charing Cross.
Located on the site of the former St Enoch Railway Station, between the River Clyde and Argyle Street, the St Enoch Shopping Centre is the largest glass covered shopping centre in Europe. Opened in 1990, the centre contains more than 80 shops over two floors, parking spaces for several thousand cars and Scotland’s largest food court. In total, the centre represents 65,030 sq.m (700,000 sq. feet) of retail space. Buchanan Street lies to the north.