1. House Wine – Archie Trebbianno 2010 (Italy). A super soft, ripe Italian Trebbianno with lovely white pear and apple on the palate. The fruit shines through, beautiful. £15.00Bot. /£4.20 (175 ml glass)
2. Las Condes Sauvignon Blanc 2010 (Chile). Intensely floral with elderflower notes and a grassy quality. The palate reflects the same fruit profile with crisp acidity and a touch of citrus fruit on the finish.
3. Veldt Chenin Blanc 2010 (South Africa). A really well balanced wine. The aromas are reminiscent of melon and lychees with soft tropical fruit flavours dominating the palate and an elegant refreshing acidity on the finish.
4. Jacobite Ridge Semillon/ Chardonnay 2009 (Australia). A classic Australian blend with smooth richness from the Semillon and body. Freshness and delicious tropicalfruit notes from the Chardonnay.
5. La Rarete Chardonnay 2010 (South of France). A beautifully crafted wine from the sun kissed South pf France. Rich golden in colour and a full lushness that is packed with tropical fruit flavours.
Fine White Wines
6. Penamonte Toro Verdejo 2009 (Spain). This Spanish classic has intense aromas of herbs, citrus with hints of pineapple. Very clean with tropical fruits in the mouth.
7. Francesca Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2010 (New Zealand). Fress gooseberry and tinned pear on the nose and the palate. Super Granny Smith apple fruit with tropical fruit notes. Ideal partner to seafood dishes.
8. Sancerre Brochard 2009 (Loire). This is a soft yellow green in colour with crisp acidity. On the palate you find fresh citrus, honey, spices and minerals. Beautifully balanced with good length. £25.00 Bot.
9. House Champagne - Poilvert-Jacques N.V. Champagne. A subtle and elegant wine with floral aromas.
10. Cava Castell Llord Brut (Spain). Soft, creamy sparkler from Northern Spain. Ziesty fresh fruit and a wonderfully clean, dry finish.
11. House Red – Archie Sangiovese 2010 (Italy). Dark ruby in colour with herbaceous cherries and violets on the nose and a good medium weight palate.
£15.00 Bot. / £4.20 (175 ml glass)
12. Club Claret – N.V. Bordeaux (France). Specially selected by the Club this is a smooth easy drinking N.V. claret supplied by Justerini & Brooks.
£15.75 Bot. / £8.75 Half Bot.
13. Coorong Estste Shiraz (Australia). Deep red in colour. On the palate spicy blackberries and plums slide into a long finish and a gentle mix of spice and subtle oak. £15.00 Bot.
14. La Doutelle Merlot 2009 (South of France). A fruity yet earthy wine that can be enjoyed with food or on its own. Round and well balanced with plum and berry flavours. Smooth finish.
15. Santa Ema Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 (Chile). Just under half the wine is aged in French oak for 4 – 6 months which adds body, compexity and a lovely toasty note to blackcurrant, plum, and raspberry flavoured wine.
Fine Red Wines
16. Finca La Nina Malbec 2010 (Argentina). A medium bodied Malbec with ripe red and black fruit flavours perfectlybalanced with spice, chocolate and coffee notes from its time in French oak.
17. Chateau Croix St.Benoit 2009 (Bordeaux). From one of the finest Bordeaux vintages in living memory The Chateau Croix St. Benoit is one serious claret. A full bodied palate that is packed with dark berry fruit and a truly remarkable length of finish.
18. Francesco Bay Pinot Noir 2009 (New Zealand). One of the most noble of all the grapes the Pinot Noir produces some of the worlds most exspensive wines. This wine has a vibrant colour, a classic complexity and an abundance of strawberry, cherry and dark berry.
N.B. If a particular wine or vintage is out of stock an alternative will be offered.
Please note members will receive 10% discount on all wine prices when using their membership card.
Port & Sherry
Why not relax after dinner with a glass of Port or Sherry, the perfect digestive.
Noval is made by the very respected and twice Portugese Winemaker of the year – Antonio Agrellos. The LBV is dark thick and rich with a real wine influence and the Tawny is an experience in a glass with red current flavours fighting their way through the sweetness.
19. The Club Decanter – Directors’ Tawny Port or Rozes Tawny Port Ports made from some of the best grapes of the Douro Valley. These two ports have been matured in French oak casks giving them a softness and a very agreeable finesse.
£19.50 Bot. (Glass 50 ml. £3.00)
20. Noval LBV £22.00 Bot. (Glass 50 ml. £4.00)
21. Noval 10 year old Tawny – £25.00 Bot. (Glass 50 ml. £5.00)
Please note, a selection of Club Vintage Ports (by the Decanter) is also available on request.
Hidalgo is a long – established bodega in Sanlucar, founded in 1792 that produces one of Spain’s favourite Manzanillas and their PX is out of this world.
22. Olorosa Faraon £11.50 Bot. (Glass 50 ml. £4.50) A more balanced medium dry style sherry but still wonderfully nutty
N.B. (If a particular wine or vintage is temporarily out of stock an alternative will be offered).