Founded in 1797 The Rochester Book Society established many of the traditions particularly associated with the Castle Club today. The Castle Club was started formally in 1865 for the playing of cards and billiards with membership drawn from gentlemen who could not quite make the aristocratic heights of The Country Club which was to close in 1929, due in part to the desirability of Castle Club membership and its superior premises and facilities. The Castle Club moved to its current home on the Esplanade overlooking the River Medway in Rochester in 1908. The Club remains a Gentlemen Only Club.
Accommodation is available at the Castle Club.
Contact the Castle Club
01634 843168Fax: Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb: castleclub.co.uk