In the heart of the City since 1825
Member Login
WestRest15.jpg

About Us

Royal Exchange SquareThe Western Club was founded in 1825 at a time when Glasgow was establishing itself as the Second City of the Empire. Thanks mainly to the access provided by the River Clyde Glasgow became a centre for trade and industry importing cotton and tobacco from America and sugar from the West Indies.

The removal of silt from the river in the 1770’s allowed larger ships to move further up the river. This also facilitated the transport of coal and iron produced in abundance throughout Lanarkshire to the Clyde shipyards which grew to be world famous in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Read more about the Western Clubs origins and History.

News Flash

Join The Club

A club for the business community. See why you should join.

More

Reciprocal Clubs

A wide range of reciprocal clubs throughout the world.

More
The Western Club
32 Royal Exchange Square
Glasgow
G1 3AB

Tel: 0141 221 2016
Restaurant Bookings: 0141 248 2214
Fax: 0141 248 6630
Email: secretary@westernclub.co.uk
© 2017 The Western Club   |   Privacy Policy   |   Terms & Conditions   |   Cookies